Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NinjaTrader 8 Introduction

NinjaTrader 8 is a very powerful trading platform. If you haven't used it, you can download it and use it. You don't have to buy the license for now. Without buying a license, you can use NinjaTrader 8 for strategy testing. You can also code indicators for NinjaTrader if you have a good knowledge of C#. C# is a powerful modern object oriented programming language that is owned and developed by Microsoft Corporation. C# is their flagship programming language. NinjaTrader has been developed in C#. Learn C# can help you do a lot of other stuff that includes game development and android and iOS app development. So don't  hesitate to learn C# and the .NET programming environment.

When you compare MetaTrader4/MetaTrader5 with NinjaTrader 8 you can feel the difference. On NinjaTrader you have the option of many different types of chart styles like the tick charts, range bars, time bars, point and figure charts,  Kagi charts etc. In addition, you can choose custom timeframes. This option is not available on MT4/MT5. MT4 is single threaded. However MT5 is multi threaded and has some powerful features. NinjaTrader 8 is even more powerful and is truly multi threaded to the core. Of course you need to know C# and .NET well if you want to exploit NinjaTrader power and fury.

You get 30 days free data feed when you download NinjaTrader. After that you get End of Day data(EOD) from Kinetick. Coinbase also provides free cryptocurrencies data which is great. If you want to trade live on NinjaTrader, however you will need to buy a license. Without a license you can use NinjaTrader for strategy testing and indicator development but you cannot use it for live trading. For live trading as said, you will need a license. I would recomment using NinjaTrader for strategy testing. Its strategy testing feature is very powerful. Whatever trading strategy you have you can test it on NinjaTrader. But for that you need historical data. EOD day is available free. Cryptocurrencies price data for almost all crytpocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin are also provided free by Coinbase. If you are a currency trader,you can open an account with FXCM and use it price feed in NinjaTrader.

The list of brokers that work with NinjaTrader is not that long as compared to MT4/MT5 brokers. This is a drawdown when trading on NinjaTrader. Important brokers that are available are the Interactive Brokers which is a well reputed broker. But you need a deposit of $10K to trade with Interactive Brokers. TD Ameritrade is also available. As said above if you are a currency trader, you can open an account with FXCM and connect its price feed with NinjaTrader. There are many powerful features in NinjaTrader, that I would like to discuss in this thread so stay tuned.

Subscribe My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE7VPo...F_BCoxFXIw

Join Our Million Dollar Trading Challenge:
https://www.doubledoji.com/million-dolla...challenge/

NinjaTrader has developed the NinjaScript framework which is C# based. We can use this NinjaScript framework and our C# coding skills in programming indicators and trading strategies on NinjaTrader. NinjaScript is a mature framework. We have C# which is a very powerful modern object oriented programming language. Watch the video below in which a give a brief friendly introduction on how to code indicators on NinjaTrader with C#. In this video I modify the default MACD indicator that is provided with NinjaTrader and add color to it. When MACD histogram increase the bar color becomes green and when MACD histogram decreases the bar color becomes red. It looks simple to think. It is also simple to code if you know a little bit of C#. NinjaTrader provides you with custom timeframes. It also has got tick charts. You can use any number of ticks. It also has got timeframes like second which is not available on MT5. Why would I need second timeframe? I don't use it but when I used to trade binary options with 1 minute expiry I found this timeframe useful

Subscribe My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE7VPo...F_BCoxFXIw

Join Our Million Dollar Trading Challenge:
https://www.doubledoji.com/million-dolla...challenge/